The weather this week matches the sad and shocking news that befell the Tara Glen community.
To Laura, Fiona, Andrew, Jean and David we can but imagine your sense of sudden unexpected loss. We hope in some way that we can give back to you the support that reflects the high regard we all had for Cormac and his contribution to Tara Glen.
Funeral arrangements are on rip.ie
1. Best of luck to President Robin Malcolm and all taking part in his competition this weekend.
2. Lady vice captains competition is on next week and tickets to her evening are available in the office.
3. There is a new access point for the bathrooms through the hedge opposite them. Please do not go through the yard.
4. Unfortunately the ladies Challenge cup team lost Waterford on Wednesday ……………..next year!!
1. There is food available tonight on the veranda area – please book in with Martin. Saturday is fully booked but the Bunker bar is open and fresh pizzas are available.
2. TUCK SHOP – The idea of the tuck shop was to remove children from the Bunker Bar area which is an adult area. So a success in that regard. It is also lovely to see them gather in ‘their own’ area.
Parents I am hearing the feedback regarding the availability of constant ‘penny horror sweets’ so these will only be on sale from 2-4 pm daily – outside that time a child will have to be with an adult to purchase.
Also Martin will work on what is available to try and keep parents and kids happy! No easy task.
1. Message from Eileen Gillespie Chairperson
‘I would like to thank the families involved in the COVID scare last week. They were exemplary in the way they worked with the Board to keep the community safe. They are awaiting 10 day PCR results and based on that will be back in the park on Saturday. Just a reminder that the COVID committee are there to provide clarity on the HSE guidelines (as they are not always clear!) – they do not set the rules. My thanks to them for being ‘on call’ and providing that much needed clarity.
I am sure all members will be aware of that COVID19 cases are rising again I would just like to re-iterate the importance of the guidelines. Therefore, I would just like to remind everyone again to follow HSE guidelines on close contacts and ensure to restrict your movements in the following instances:
- If you are not feeling well
- If you have been in close contact with the suspect case – until further information is available. i.e., a negative test result of the suspect case
- If you have been in contact with a case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (or 10 days with a negative Covid test on the 10th day)
- If you have been around someone with symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat) in the last 10 days
- If you are awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test
- If you have just arrived from abroad – you may stop quarantining after 5 days if you get a negative or not-detected RT-PCR test (for more info on arriving back to Ireland please click here:
citizensinformation.ie/en/ travel_and_recreation/travel_ to_ireland/travel_to_ireland_ during_covid.html#la9222)
- As this is the busy period in Tara Glen please isolate at home if you have to.
2. Saturday Football starts tomorrow – apologies to junior captain James Oliver as he is involved in the running of this too – I omitted his name on the notice I sent yesterday.
3. We have set up a ‘market place’ area on the website. This is for items you may not want – but someone else might and also lost and found. if you send me a picture I can post your item there. We won’t add personal details – if you are interested in an item you can contact the office and we will put you in touch with each other.
4 Pilates starts on Monday with Pam 10am.
5. Veg man will be in Tara Glen tomorrow – you need to pre order (see attached list) I what’s app my order ever week to Annmarie on 0876270380. Fish, bread, cakes and flowers will be available at 2.30 Saturday outside clubhouse.
6. One tennis net was vandalised last year and another this week beyond repair. They are expensive to replace. Please speak about this to your children and encourage them to report this behavior. it is not acceptable.