1. Best of luck to Alex Gallagher and James Oliver – junior captains 2021 – their drive in is on this Sunday 4th July at 5pm.
2 Well done to the victorious Challenge Cup team Eileen G, Fiona S, Joanie E, Hilary C and Frances P (and their managers Mary H and Carmel M) for their victory over Bunclody – they are playing Waterford in the next round on Wednesday (picture is of the home players on Sunday) TG
3. We are looking at safer and quicker routes to access the toilets rather than going through the machinery yard – in the meantime please access the toilets from the 7th green.
4. Best of luck to Hazel and she starts her season as junior coordinator – this is a real ‘give back’ to the community so parents support her and don’t abandon kids at the hut! The tuck shop will be open all day Monday and the Bunker bar will open for the parents 30min before prizegiving. The aim here is to keep the smallies away from the Bunker Bar area which is an adult area.
Fruit / veg, bread, cakes, flowers and fish
1. Fruit and Veg and be ordered from the Gorey Market and it will be delivered to Tara Glen (see attached link) – you can email your order to AnneMarie on firstname.lastname@example.org. I know this takes a bit of forward planning but it is worth it.
2. The fish man (Jason) will be here tomorrow at 1 – earlier than usual as Wexford are playing Kilkenny at 4.30 – you can pre order on 0874135272.
3. We have a new addition tomorrow – Stephen will be selling home made breads – sourdough, cheese, cheese and onion soda etc. He will be here at 1pm – Just in case you did not know Roisin sells her brown bread in the bar – I know a number of you are addicted to it.
4 Carmel will be selling her flowers and Annie her cakes and they are coming tomorrow at 1pm also. Enjoy
Food and Drink Service
Just a reminder that COVID is still here and that staff are not fully vaccinated – you must wear masks when entering the bunker bar and the club house to access toilets. Please avoid going into the clubhouse where possible – there is table service. I know we have had our fill of restrictions and rules – lose the anger in the bliss of Tara Glen and we lets work together so that this variant does not get going here.
Clearly we are unable to open the clubhouse with restrictions still in place, the veranda will be open, the bunker bar (12 – 11pm Fri – Sun)
I will post opening times on the bar door at the beginning of each week.
As the season gets into full flow please be mindful of your neighbors and noise. I have already asked that some of our younger adults do not gather on decks in groups of more than 4 without shareholders being present. At the other end of the scale if you are a young parent with small children please be mindful of the time they are on the deck in the morning. I am sure there will be more on this topic later …………………………………………. Oh and dogs !!! Don’t get me going
In the meantime enjoy every minute of your time here and here’s to a great 2021 season.
A number of you requested more information about the boot camp that Kathy Fulcher is running
Introducing Tara Glen BOOT CAMP HIIT WORKOUTS
If you want to tone up, get fitter, loose a few extra inches, or want a new workout challenge
body conditioning exercises with weights and props
interspersed with active recovery exercises
suitable for all levels of fitness
everyone works at their own pace
How long About 45 minutes
Time Thursdays 10am or 5pm whichever is most popular
Equipment : Bring a mat and water
Lead by : Dr Kathy Fulcher contact number 0872210122
Health, Fitness Consultant & Nutritionist