Last week saw a healthy start to the season – nice to see so many of you and bringing the sunshine was a big bonus. More of the same this week.
A quick Update from me in bullet points as there is quite a bit of information to get through
1. Bunker Bar
This will be open Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
We anticipate that if the weather holds up it will be busy so please note the following
A) Most staff this weekend are new – we have a number doing the Leaving Cert so won’t be with us for a few weeks. Please note that any tips for staff will be distributed between kitchen, bar, golf and tuck shop staff. Martin as bar manager does not receive tips – we try to encourage good work ethic and so let us know if you see / experience great (or not so great) service.
B) There is a limited menu on offer.
Fri Pizza (not fresh I’m afraid – coming soon!)
Sat – Toasted special, Breakfast sandwich, open salad sandwich chicken bake , Pizza.
Sun – 2 salads, Toasted special, chicken bake Pizza
Mon – BBQ all day, Pizza.
Please note that for the 2021 season we are using Partridges as supplier of hot dishes to assist Roisin in the kitchen. With current restrictions buffet meals (which are Roisins forte) are not allowed so Partridges are giving us a ‘helping hand’ in the kitchen.
2. Jason (fishmonger) will be on site this Saturday. You can preorder on 0871435272. We will also have a local baker and florist on site – you can taste / see what will be on offer going forward. The veg man will be delivering on Saturdays also in high season.
Mount Alexander Flowers is a small flower farm located just outside Gorey in North Wexford. The sunny south east offers me an ideal climate to grow seasonal, cottage style flowers. I began growing seasonal flowers in 2018 and continue to expand my business to meet the growing demand for Irish grown flowers.
Mount Alexander Flowers provides locally grown flowers and foliage to create signature bouquets. I grow with the seasons and use what is naturally available to offer a unique sustainable product, pesticide free and with no air miles #grownnotflown
I provide small arrangements with or without the vase, ideal for the holiday home environment and also offer larger gift bouquets which can be pre-ordered and delivered within the Gorey area.
Contact me on instagram @ mountalexanderflowers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Alexander Flowers
ARC Creations will have a stall of all their treats, so customers can create their own treat boxes on Saturday, if interested.
3. The gate down by Dodds rock needs a good push to open. A number of you have reported that fobs are not working – you may find the gate just needs a bit of extra elbow grease.
4. STP were on the golf course today with Declan Lawlor and Tim. I will post the report on the website when I get it.
5. A new website has been developed which gives a great visual representation of the proposed wind farm off Arklow you can check it out just click the link below.
6. Aerials . If you are getting broadband or SKY put in, would you ask your provider if you need your aerial – many of them are redundant now so it would be great if we could start to eliminate them from the skyline.
A resident is missing a rattan oval table which was left upside down on his deck – has anyone by chance seen one? Maybe that it was blown off the deck and misplaced on yours by staff – we are scratching our heads on this one. Please contact me if you have any information.
I would like to thank all the staff and Tony Molloys team – they have been working flat out this week to get ready for the influx. if we have missed one or two jobs